13" MB"P" has a better screen than 13" alum macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pyromaniaque, Jun 9, 2009.

1. pyromaniaque macrumors 6502

2. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

3. Lipstick macrumors member

I'm curious about this myself. I've been reading that it does indeed have a new and improved screen but no explanations thus far.

4. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Check out this thread. The OP posted pictures of his new 13" MBP.

Here are a couple comparison pics of the new 13" MBP vs the old 13" MB. The new model has very nice/dark blacks compared to the old screen which is more washed out.

Attached Files:

5. Lipstick macrumors member

Very nice, its truly a richer black. Nice comparison.

6. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Actually, I think Apple clearly mentioned in the keynote that the screen was 60% better in some way. I think it was like Gamma or something. Not really sure. :/

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The Unibody MB got improved screens about 3-4 weeks ago as well...

The UMBP 13.3" has the Air's screen. In May, the Unibody MB got improved 9CA_ screens.

8. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

It's nicer because now it comes with vertical lines at no extra cost, where the old screen did not. They truly are feature rich. :p

But seriously, this needs to be looked into. :(

9. thefrenches macrumors member

Someone has this signature on here, and it couldn't be more fitting than with you, PolySciSurfer:

"If Jesus Himself came back to earth and turned water to wine, half of MacRumors would say 'meh, this is red. I wanted white.'"

10. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Woh, ok I think you are a bit off in your interpretation of my comments and frame of mind. I am not dissatisfied with the new 13" MBP, in fact I think it's stellar and I've made comments saying that. BUT, in the thread titled "Typing this on my new MBP 13!!", the OP gives the name of his screen, then another poster noted that the screen is that in the old MBA, some of which had vertical line issues.

This is certainly something to be discussed and noted. Not sure why you have to get personal, we are talking about a machine. There should be clarification on exactly what screens are coming in the new MBP 13", and if those screens had previously been known to cause issues in other models. People should know what they are buying before spending a large sum of money. This benefits all of us man. ;)

Here is the link to the thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=715418

The OP says he has the 9C9F screen.

Then a poster writes this...

"9C9F is the same screen with the line issue that they have been putting in the MacBook Airs for several months.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...1&postcount=35"

11. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

The screen itself had no line issue and it is still believed that the mbair issue wasn't the screen but the mbair itself.

The new mbp 13" screens are better than the new updated mb screens (I had one).

12. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

I'm glad the picture from today of my 13" MBP has already made to other threads...:D

Like I said before Poly- it is really nice and I think you saw the viewing angles are way improved..just pull the trigger:D

13. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Tell you what, when I get mine this month, I'm going to post pics so everyone knows I don't hate the new 13" MBP. I can't wait to get mine. But none of the stores around here have them in. I'm sure there will be plenty by Friday, if not I'll get mine next week. :D

14. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

That is an awesome quote! lol

Personally, I'd have asked for beer :p

15. iKatianarie macrumors member

How does the new pro screen compare to the ones that were recently updated? cuz I got the 9CA5 which I think is beautiful :)

16. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

So the increased gamut screens = screens that were quietly put into the 'old' macbook 13" unibodies at the end of April 2009 = macbook air screen?

I can absolutely live with that screen and feel that it is among the very best at any size, and certainly for the price.

What I object to is the misleading marketing thinking that there is an improved color gamut for the 15" models. Those screens were already wonderful. People might expect better, newer screens in the 15" models as well, when they're just really the same screen. We shall see, though in about 24 hours once people start posting.

17. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

My new 13" MBP has a 9C9F screen, its amazing, propper deep inky blacks and no fading anywhere. Also never heard anything about this 'lines' thing but mine sure ain't got any. Its the best laptop screen I have ever seen:cool:

18. Philflow macrumors 65816

No. Afaik the ones that were quietly put in end of April were not MBA screens.

The ones used now seem to be MBA screens.

19. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

9cBD and 9c9f seem to be the two known screen models so far. are both found on the mba?

20. Philflow macrumors 65816

9cBD seems to be a new one. Where did you see it?

21. Philflow macrumors 65816

22. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

me too the op actually said that the new 13" screen looks more vivid than the 15" next to it.

23. Philflow macrumors 65816

Interesting. More vivid is what the picture seems to indicate too. Very impressive...

24. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

It sure does! :)