13" MBA 2011 - Lightleaks/Dark Spots

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jolla, Aug 5, 2011.

1. jolla macrumors member

My new Macbook Air has some dark spots / shadows in the lower corners and along the lower side.

It is very hard to take a picture, but I found an extreme example (it's far less in my case) that shows the effect: http://www.lavproductions.com/images/macbookpro_screen.jpg

It is only noticeable on a white background.

Does anyone else with the new Macbook Air see the same kind of spots? Should I be worried/exchange my Macbook Air (1 day old)? I've already been to an Apple Reseller to look at the showmodels, and they show the same defect.

2. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

if its just around the sides its normal for a MacBook Air but if its in the middle like strips then you should get it replaced.

3. morpheuz macrumors newbie

I hate having noticed it in the first place, bright/dark areas at the bottom of the screen, depending on the picture you look at. If you move a grey picture around you can see it more clearly. i've read a lot about it and i'm afraid its pretty normal, so I'm not going for an exchange.

i think i wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for all the new animations in lion, because moving windows and spaces around shows the effect way "better".