13" MBA, 2GB Ram, 128GB SSD, $400??

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by marddin, Jul 5, 2012.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

Just had a quick question regarding the worthy-ness of this deal.

I found a 13" MBA with the above specs the only thing wrong is it doesn't turn on and you can't charge the batter. The seller alleges it's the magsafe port, which I looked it up and is like a 15-20 dollar part and a relatively simple repair. Does this sound like a good deal, I plan on just re-selling.

My main concern is that I buy it, and it turns out to be something else, not the mag safe. Do you think I can sell it as is broken for atleast my money back? That's all my question really is..

Thanks for your input!!!

2. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

3. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Explanation?

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

you buy it and it is not the magsafe....hence you waste $400. I would never buy a broken electronic for any amount of money. If that was the only problem, the owner would fix it and sell it at double that price

5. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

If something appears too good to be true.....

The seller could take it to Apple and have them fix it and have a usable MBA to use or sell.

No brainer. It's a PT Barnum deal.

6. WesCole macrumors 6502a

If you want to roll the dice, get the seller to give you something in writing stating that you can return the MacBook for a refund if you get the MagSafe port fixed and it still doesn't work. The seller may or may not honor the agreement, but I would think it would give you a leg to stand on in court if you had to sue them.

Probably more hassle than it's worth, but thought I would throw that out there. :)