13" MBA Messenger Bag

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MXSkier62, Jul 30, 2011.

1. MXSkier62 macrumors regular

So please don't respond to this saying "do a search," or "look at the other threads," because none focus on my question.

I want to be able to carry the 13" MBA in a padded laptop compartment in a bag designed for its size. In addition to the MBA, I want to be able to carry a charger, perhaps a textbook, a notebook, and/or say a Kindle. All on an over-the-shoulder bag.

I bought the Thule Crossover Messenger Bag, and the thing looks fantastic, but for my purposes it's a bit large. I also checked out the Waterfeld Cargo with the sleeve, but didn't pick it up because it's quite expensive and too much to purchase on a whim.

So what, if any, bags have people found that fit the above description. Good looking, classy, sleek, and productive bags designed for 13" laptops.

2. hystery macrumors member

How about Thule sling then? Also check Knomo, Booq bags out. They make nice ones, a bit pricey though.

3. Built macrumors 68020

I carry my MBP 13 in a Timbuk2 Commute 2.0 Messenger bag, Medium...Perfect fit...a good size...with plenty of room for other items...AND it is TSA compliant. You simply unzip the bag and lay it out at the security checkpoint and don't have to remove your laptop.

I love my Timbuk2 so much that I just purchased another one for my new MBA 13.

4. sarabella macrumors newbie

5. glen e macrumors 68030

Your whim was correct...water field cargo- small- super high quality...I have med and large for road trips.