Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

officelurker

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
Today is my last day to return my Macbook Air that I purchased 14 days ago. Its 8gb ram, 500GB SSD, 2ghz, i7 intel.

I love the portability of it. I spend all day on the laptop. I also take it in bed to watch shows and movies. The graphics sometimes can be choppy.

I also had the MBPr 15" before this but I returned it to see how the Air would do.

My fear with the 15" retina was the reports of image ghosting and all that.

I sometimes miss the 15" real estate on my Air.

What do you guys think? Going forward what will I be happy with? Will I regret not getting a bigger/better screen laptop?

lightstrum

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
Get 13" rMBP

Did you think about getting the 13" retina? It has a much better form factor that the 13 air, if you travel a lot it is the best thing going. I had a 13air, found it an awkward size, so went to 11, was happy with it for the past year, then when I saw that the 13 retina was not as deep or as wide as the 13 air I went to check it at apple store, what a great travel machine!

rmcguinness9894

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
If you can afford to waste money on the extremely overpriced rMBP 13" then go for it but it really is grossly overpriced for what you get. The 13" rMBP and the 13" cMBP shouldn't even be allowed to be called Pro's in my opinion. Everyone buys them because they are "cheaper" than the 15" but you certainly don't get the best bang for your buck. I would get the 15" if i were you. Thats's what I have and I love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.