13" MBA or Retina Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Mongol, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Mongol macrumors member

I'm really torn between the 13" MacBook Air and the Retina Pro.

The main thing I have against the retina pro is the form factor. It's just too big for what I'm used to having.

The main thing I have against the MBA is that, well, it's not retina display. I like the form factor, though I like the 11" MBA form factor even better, but the battery life was just not there.

I really value mobility, but this will be my only computer also.

I will be using it to do light photo processing, graphic design and coding. I'm also a casual PC gamer, and would like to be able to play Diablo 3 at a decent framerate.

Can the Air handle Aperture or Lightroom pretty well?

Thoughts on which one I should get?

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

With all of that in mind I'd probably go with the pro. You could probably get by with the Air, but I think the overall experience would be better for you with the pro.

Just my $0.02.

3. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I hate to be that guy, but there is a thread on this exact topic and/or with your exact intended usage every single day. Please search and feel free to ask follow-up questions.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

Agreed. This is something we see over, and over again here. Please use search. I am not even sure why people are asking the question to be honest: there is a 1,000 dollar gap, the computers are in different lines, they are totally different sizes, and they have totally different specs.

Anyhow, please see the other threads.

5. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

You're going to be much better off with the Pro. There are even some rumors that a 13" retina pro will be coming out in October - why not wait for that?