13" MBA sleeve/case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SnowLeopard2008, Sep 7, 2012.

1. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Can anyone recommend me a simple/elegant sleeve or case for the 2012 13" MBA? I have been looking at the Ion Carbonshell case and Brenthaven sleeve if that helps give you an idea of what I'm looking for. I am currently using the Brenthaven Econprene sleeve which I originally got for my 13" MBP (which since has been sold) and Brenthaven doesn't make Pro/Air specific versions of the 13" sleeve. My current Brenthaven sleeve has a manufacturing defect. It's hard to describe it but it essentially causes the interior lip that prevents the zipper teeth and zipper pull from touching the laptop to not do its job. There's extra material stitched to the side trim that causes the two interior lips to not meet when the zipper is closed and pushes the zipper teeth and zipper pull towards the interior. The zipper pulls themselves show extensive wear/tear.

Anyhow, I'm in the market for a new sleeve or case. Suggestions?

2. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

For any MacBook or iPad I get, I get a suede jacket sleeve from sfbags.com to match.

You may be looking for something with more padding or something that needs to zip or close up somehow, but it works for me and I'm really happy with the simplicity and uniformity.

3. ArsDigitalis macrumors newbie

My choice, Jolly Originals, pricey but worth the money

4. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Another + here. They're VERY good.

5. jbrettz macrumors member

+1 for SFBags. I have a sleeve from them it is great. Great customer service.