13" MBA Ultimate arriving tomorrow, what should I do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AtmChm, Mar 30, 2011.

  1. AtmChm macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    Location:
    WI
    #1
    1. Not install 10.6.7?

    2. Calibrate battery immediately?

    3. Get coolbook installed?

    4. Other issues I should be aware of?
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    Not really. Use it and stop worrying about it.
     
  3. secksthoi macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2010
    #3
    Just enjoy it.

    +1 lol seriously..
     
  4. KPOM macrumors G5

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    #4
    Since you are starting brand new, you might as well try 10.6.7 and see if it works with iTunes. If it does, then stick with it, since then you can download TRIM Enabler. If not, you can easily revert to 10.6.6 through a clean install before proceeding.

    I never used Coolbook. It isn't necessary for stability like it was with the older Airs. Don't bother calibrating it right away. Just turn it on and start using it.
     
  5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #5
    Turn it on and use it. You can calibrate it sometime in the first day or two. No need for coolbook. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
    A little reading to get you started:
     
  6. KPOM macrumors G5

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    #6
    Also, now that the iTunes fix is out, go ahead and update to 10.6.7.
     
  7. zub3qin macrumors 65816

    zub3qin

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2007
    #7
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Sell it to me immediately for $1000
     
  8. theSeb macrumors 604

    theSeb

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2010
    Location:
    Poole, England
    #9
    Save yourself all of this worry - send it to me and I'll gladly pay the shipping charges. That way you'll be stress free.
     
  9. ZipZap macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2007
    #10
    Since there is NO urgency on 10.6.7....I would wait a few weeks before upgrading.

    I have not upgraded as I just dont see any compelling reason to do so.

    Even with the iTunes fix just released by Apple, there have been reports of other issues.
     
  10. Boston007 macrumors 6502

    Boston007

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2010
    #11
    #1. Go to Starbucks and order a Clover Coffee
    #2. Enjoy your new MBA
     
  11. AtmChm thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    Location:
    WI
    #12
    Yes, that is what I was wondering about. I'm not going to be using iTunes much, if at all, so I don't see that as a reason to install 10.6.7. However, I have read numerous posts about 10.6.7 causing slower performance on the MBA. I have yet to install it on my mid-2010 MBA, and I have not received the "software update" message on my current MBA like I have on my other macs for 10.6.7. So, I have been holding off on installing it.
     
  12. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

    Big D 51

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2011
    Location:
    Mobile, AL
  13. AtmChm thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    Location:
    WI
    #14
    When someone asks a question on these forums, why is it that for every one actual answer you get ten derogatory ones? :confused:
     
  14. netdog macrumors 603

    netdog

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #15
    10.6.7 has been patched and works perfectly now. Enjoy.
     

Share This Page