13" MBA Ultimate for programming

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ApplePu, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ApplePu macrumors regular

I'm thinking about selling my 2011 15" MBP for an all new 13" MBA Ultimate since they got the performance gain yesterday.

I am going to be a software development student in autumn. Will the new MBA suit my needs? Additionally I would use it for image editing, general media and some very light gaming. Is the 13" screen a pain to work long hours on it compared to the 15" Hi-Res? Is it powerful enough?

I really like the small form factor and "airness" of the MBA :rolleyes: and I could get some money out in between....Thanks for your fast help! :)

2. Xaron macrumors newbie

It is. Personally I use a 11.6" for programming and it's good enough regarding the screen size. But that's different for everyone.

3. milesdavis macrumors regular

milesdavis

The 2010 13" ultimate has been great for me and I do all design work from photoshop to imovie to dreamweaver, illustrator, final cut, etc. It's absolutely 100% awesome for everything you mention. I haven't played games on it, but I'm sure I could. I have never regretted it, only celebrated it's easy size.