13" MBP/15" MBP Gaming Differences

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skate71290, Oct 4, 2010.

1. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, i was considering a 15" MBP, just to ask, will the 13" be able to drive games on the 27" ACD (not at full res) in fact i'm not really interested in the best graphics, as long as the game can run without stuttering. Is the 13" capable of running games on a 27" ACD? in addition, for the extra £500 i could buy 8GB RAM and a 500GB HDD for the 13" and a Magic Mouse, does the 15" warrant the extra £500? regards, skate71290

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

I don't know if the 13" would be able to but the 15" should be about twice as fast, as it has a dedicated graphics card, and a 4 threads cpu rather then 2.
    that is while in the game
    boot time, opening apps and stuff is going to be the same as the hard drive is the bottle neck here.

3. Megadooomer macrumors newbie

Megadooomer

Macbook Pro 13" 320m Keyboard Stops Responding, Screen Distorts?

Haha oops title is from another posting. I wanted to chime in though, I see mulo has already echoed my point. HDD and Memory can be upgraded later, I would get the best CPU/gpu (i7 and a matte screen?) >4GB is overkill anyway, you can and worry about and upgrade the rest later. If you have the cash I would throw in the 500GB 7200 HDD just to save the annoyance of upgrading it later.

Incidentally, however, I've found the 13" fine for basic (i.e. WC3, SC2) gaming on a 20", esp in Bootcamp, (save for the issues in the title haha). It seems about comparable to my old (2008) 15" Pro (which makes sense given they both have a 256mb card).

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

you are absolutely correct, there are other threads on this.
    use mroogle or google to find what your looking for, before posting.