13" Mbp/15" Mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skate71290, Sep 30, 2010.

1. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, i'm getting that annoyed with my Rev A MBA as a primary computer (mistake right...) so i'm going to attempt to renew my faith in Apple Macintosh computers by purchasing a MacBook Pro, just one question: should i purchase the base 15" model (£1500) or get the base 13" model with 8GB RAM and a 500GB HDD for £60 less (i couldn't be bothered to calculate Educational Discount). I would love to be able to run Windows 7 via Parallels or FusionWare and play the odd game such as Fable/Halo/COD4 so would i benefit more from the dedicated graphics than the RAM/HDD space, this does sound like a stupid question even as i am asking it... of course games run better on dedicated, but these relatively old games, would they be capable on 320M (not bothered about graphical detail, happy with minimal settings)? Any other advice about either of these notebooks would be appreciated, and just as a side note i'm not fussed about Glossy/Higher Res as i will more than likely be purchasing a 27" ACD early next year, regards, skate71290

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

get the 15" its major speed bump up from the 13"

3. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

agree, plus bigger screen for pictures/media, still OK to carry around.

4. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

just get the 15" if you dont like it swap it for 13"