Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
OK, I bought this computer specifically because I hate PC's and the way they freeze, get blue screens etc etc. I have never had a problem with my girlfriend's Macbook.

It is probably about 3 months old at most. About a week ago I was working on a paper and the screen just went white. I waited about 5 min, nothing. I cmd alt esc'd and couldn't pull anything up. I ended up having to restart. Well this morning, of course I am working on something else important and the screen goes dark, not off, but like grey, you could see the screen was on. Keyboard was lit etc. Again there was nothing I could do and it resulted in me having to restart. This is unacceptable, I cannot have a computer do this obviously, nobody wants this to happen. I know mac's cant get virus's but is there something along those lines thats causing this? What else can I look at?

Perdification

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2010
Just send it over to the nearest Apple store or genius bar to get it fixed. Oh and did you apple the SL 10.6.5 update? It's supposed to rectify display issues on the MBA, but if don't know if they included something for MBP too. If the update still doesn't solve it, then send it to the genius bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.