Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

absolutazn87

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
San Francisco
What do you guys think?

13'' MBP + 24'' LED Cinema Display or the 15'' High Res MBP.

The price difference isn't that great. Portability is very important to me but I also want more screen real estate. I don't do heavy video editing or heavy photoshop and I'm not a big gamer.

Thoughts?

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
If portability is your main concern, and you don't do much in the way of heavy processing, get a 13" machine and a 24" display. Have you considered a MacBook Air?

Also, don't feel you have to buy an Apple display. You can get a display of equal (if not superior) quality from other vendors. This Dell display, for example, has more ports (so you can plug a gaming console or a TV tuner up to it), and a matte display rather than glossy (which may or may not be a benefit depending on what you like) for $300 less than the Apple display.

MacSignal

macrumors regular
May 8, 2010
Another Vote for the 13 + Monitor

13 + 24 inch monitor would be a versatile set-up that offers the most screen real estate. Likewise, the Dell monitors mentioned in the previous post would get a good look if I were buying that size monitor right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.