13" MBP 8gb Ram install Random Crashing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ForthRightAfter, Mar 31, 2010.

1. ForthRightAfter macrumors member

ForthRightAfter

I Just Installed this kit on my 2009 uMBP 2.53ghz. it boots up normal loads normal i have activity monitor open, it goes well past the 4gb ram use and its fine but after sometime of use, a screen comes out saying i need to hold the power button down and restart the machine. its happen a few times tonight and have decided the run the Apple Hardware test its currently running and an hour has passed and its about 1/4 of the way done. so far passing. ive also reset the Pram. any other idea on what could be going on?

this is the kit i just installed. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231295

thanks

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If this happened after installing the new RAM, can you try using the computer with the original RAM; if it works after reverting back to defaults, then you should RMA the new RAM.

3. ForthRightAfter thread starter macrumors member

ForthRightAfter

well it just finished the Extended Hardware test, total time 2:51:36 it didn't find an error and im back up and running everything seems to be working fine for now so ill keep using it and see if it happens again.