13" MBP and SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gman901, Jun 9, 2009.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I am about to purchase the new MBP because my wife wants my MB Aluminum... however I really want to get the SSD. I looked at Apple's prices and compared them to online stores, and really did not see much of a difference in cost. I may save some money, but I really do not need the hassle of opening up the new MBP. Anyway, I am strongly leaning toward getting the 128 SSD and was wondering if others who use this size feel it's enough to partition the MBP 60 GB on the Mac and 50 GB for Windows 7 (Bootcamp). I think I can store my entire iTunes library on a 32 GB SD card now that the new MBP has the slot and keep the rest available for photos and doing some video. I plan on using the Windows for keeping a few games like Call of Duty 5, Fallout 3 and some Steam Games (L4D, Half-life 2, etc.). Would the 128 SSD cut it or will I really need to get the 256 SSD? I am thinking also about getting a 250 GB FW 800 external drive to keep along in my laptop bag.

2. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I doubt you'd be able to play half of those games at acceptable settings on the 13" MBP.

3. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

It sounds like you need more than 128 ssd if you can afford it , get the bigger one, As for games you can always play the latest game but in low settings