13" MBP Battery Health!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ryanb914, Nov 7, 2010.

1. ryanb914 macrumors member

Ok what should the NORMAL, battery health be for a 13" MBP bought over the 2010 summer? Mine is 96% is that ok?

2. spinnerlys, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010

spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

La lala.

96% sounds about right, have you calibrated it properly?

My MBP had 91% once and now is back at 99%.

Btw:
    Apple on notebook batteries

Apple Portable: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

Laptop Battery Guide

Btw 2: MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

Btw 3: La lala.

3. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

About two weeks after I purchased my MBP I installed Coconut and noticed that my max battery capacity was 97%, with 32 cycles, and my machine was approximately 4 months old. I thought it was a rip but maybe it is just normal.

4. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

I have 29 loads and 99% health according to coconut battery. Perhaps recalibrate?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This is the 7th thread you've started on battery issues. I highly encourage you to read the Apple Notebook Battery FAQ that spinnerlys directed you to back in July. It will answer all your battery charging/calibration/health questions, if you take the time to read it. There's no need to create duplicate/redundant threads when the answers have already been provided to you.

6. Mrs HBF macrumors regular

I've read the information about calibrating the battery and have 2 questions. First the info I read:

In step 4, I believe the low battery starts at 19%. Should I keep on running it until the battery level is in the single digits or it doesn't matter?

In step 5, does it matter if the screen is open or closed?

Thanks.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It doesn't matter... just save your work before it gets too low. Or just do something that doesn't require saving, like web browsing.
    It doesn't matter.

8. Mrs HBF macrumors regular

Thank you very much. I've been reading the support info about battery life from the links provided and it's been incredibly helpful. I will be much more diligent about calibrating. Can you calibrate too often, like weekly?

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Well, calibrating too frequently puts cycles on your battery needlessly. Calibrating once every month or so is all you need.

10. zdlyons macrumors member

Battery - coconut battery (reads the same as istat pro)

normal? seems like thats not.

Attached Files:

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you calibrated properly?