13" MBP Bootcamp gaming 2.26 xp or 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sgrrsh26, Aug 29, 2009.

1. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

I have mbp 2.26 and i was wondering for gaming should i use windows xp black or windows 7 32bit. i would assume black would be better because of less used ram am i correct?

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

If I recall correctly, your MBP only has the 9400M graphics card which is integrated graphics, which means it's rather poopy. Whatever version of windows you use gaming is going to suck. I'd use XP to free up system resources, it could help some with the graphics.

3. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

XP of course;). If you want to improve your gaming performance, you can try overclocking the 9400.

4. BradenG macrumors regular

I have Windows XP SP3 running on my MBP's Bootcamp partition. Runs great, handles TF2 wonderfully, but that's all I've tried on it and remember that's the Source engine (HL2/CS:Source/L4D)..it can run on a huge variety of system setups. Most settings are at High though, and the game looks gorgeous.

5. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

There isn't a 'black' edition of Windows XP. You're talking about a pirated copy of Windows XP which is a no-no.

Go ahead and install Windows 7 RC x64.

6. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i think he knows that. me thinks black edition refers to black market. anyways,i think the dead line for the Rc is over. try to get the RTM if u can. then upgrade to windows 7 this fall.