13" MBP doesn't recognize headphones are in jack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Capt Crunch, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

Well, my brand X headphones anyways. It recognizes my Apple headphones no problem. Anyone else have this problem? I feel like if I go to the Apple store they'll just say it's the headphones. Pretty annoying since Apple headphones suck.

2. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Try going to System Preferences then Audio. See if it switches it to mic for some reason when you plug in different headphones. Make sure the Use audio port for: setting is correct.

Edit: Sound, not audio...

3. Capt Crunch thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried that. It just pumps out the sound through the MBPs speakers, not the headphones.

4. CoffeeWarrior macrumors regular

5. chicarica macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I've got the same problem. My Iphone headphones suddenly stopped working. The computer simply stopped recognizing the headphones. I plug them in and the sound comes out of the computers built in speakers. When I look in preferences, there isn't even the option to switch from the built in speakers over to the headphones. I tried wiggling, jiggling, pushing, pulling... nada. Any ideas?:confused:

6. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Check to make sure there isn`t a red light showing inside the headphone port as this is caused usually by a sticking sensor which tells the MBP to use optical out instead of analog.