13" MBP for CS & FCPX

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by driftless, Aug 13, 2012.

1. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

Without getting into the 15" is better suited to CS and FCPX argument, I was wondering how many creative pros use the 13" MBP for CS and FCPX? If so, how did you like it? With the possibility of a 13" rMBP w/ 16 GB RAM I am wondering how it work for a lightweight, mobile solution? I normally work on an iMac and use an iPad for mobile. FWIW I am not an MBA fan for my use.

2. pbmagnet4 macrumors regular

13" 2012 2.5ghz cMBP that has a 240gb SanDish SSD and 8gb Kingston HyperX 1867mhz RAM (I chose faster RAM over size, seeing as I really have only 4-6 programs running at once, and I would have a hard time finding any practical use for allocating 16gb of RAM). All in all it works just fine for FCPX and Aperture. Ill have both running at the same time, with Firefox and Mail open and it all runs well. I took the former 500gb HDD and installed it into a USB3.0 Go-Flex to save all my footage on. Everything runs smoothly. If I desire a larger screen I can always run one HDMI to DVI. Additionally, I am considering purchasing and installing an internal blu-ray drive.