Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Hi all

i am thinking of buying my first mac i want the highend 13"mbp the main reason is becouse of the screen size. the only thing that is stoping me is my current pc has a 9500 m graphics card in it. i dont play much games but i do want to play starcraft 2 when it comes out. will the mbp be able to play starcraft 2 and is there much diffrence in the 9500m and the 9400 that comes with the mbp?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I don't know how powerful 9500M is but 9400M can play most games at low/med settings OK.

Don't get the high-end one, you're paying for nothing. Just get RAM from Crucial and you'll save money

BaronvdB

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
I don't know how powerful 9500M is but 9400M can play most games at low/med settings OK.

Don't get the high-end one, you're paying for nothing. Just get RAM from Crucial and you'll save money

+1

I got the 2.53 but only b/c i didn't want to wait for RAM to be shipped to me and after selling my MBA i wasn't spending much cash out of pocket.

Shiner

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
You will be fine for most low end games with the integrated card in the 13" MBP. It is not dedicated card like your 9500M so you will get less performance but most mac users do not care. Any of the new game titles will run on low settings, but the MBP is not for gaming and you know that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.