13 MBP Hard Drive Bracket's screw stuck, please help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ivan3387, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Ivan3387 macrumors newbie

I just bought a new ssd trying to self install it onto my 13 inch MBP. I am able to unscrew the back cover, then when I try to unscrew the hard drive bracket, I got one of it off, but the other one seems to be overtightened or stuck, no matter how hard I try, it just wont come off.

I am pretty sure the Philips screwdriver I use is the right size, but I would like to know which size do you guys use for the bracket's screws.

Is there anything else I can try to get it unscrew? Or can I just bring it to the Apple store and ask them to install it for me (does it cost me any money?)

Please help, thanks!!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Apple most likely won't install it.

Are you using a #0 Philips? If not, you're probably using the wrong screw (it's either that or a torx, I cannot recall).

You need to be careful. If you strip it you're kinda screwed.

3. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

Other hard drive bracket? I only had to remove one when I put my SSD in. Take the one off and the HD pivots out of its slot. You sure you're following the directions correctly? Or maybe not describing your problem adequately.

Ruahrc

4. Ivan3387 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I meant one of the 2 screws from the bracket cannot be unscrewed, sry for the confusion

5. mike1123 macrumors 6502

mike1123

I'm really going out on a limb here, and I'm not sure if this will cause damage or whatever, but try putting a tiny bit of soap around the screw to lubricate it. That might help.