Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
so i want today or tomorrow to buy the new haswell MBP, but i want if anyone has some specific links to the differences between the iGPU?

so the differences between the 13" and 15" are the cpu i5 dual vs i7 quad and the iGPU.

13" i will take it with 8 GB ram and 256SSD so kind of close.

so please let me know if there are diff between iGPU ! for light work, light gaming, light browsing the web, movies, battery etc

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The iGPU should be fine for all your listed usages, other then gaming. I'm not saying it will do poorly but rather I don't play games so I can't advise you one way or another.

Personally, I'd make the decision more along the lines, do you want a 15" laptop or a 13" laptop.

I moved from a 13" to a 15" because it was too small for my needs. That is I wanted more screen real estate for my apps, i.e., photoshop and Aperture.

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
yes..the reason that i switch between the imac 21.5" to the new 27" was the wifi ac screen space and cpu+dgpu..so i guess the base 15" is more than enough for me

Suspended
Mar 15, 2013
Yeah, the base rMBP will do fine, even for gaming, as long as you don't turn all the settings to the max.

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
everything on the go, or when im not at home because my main mac is the iMac :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.