13" mbp i7 16gb ram 128 sdd or wait for haswell?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Atung9801, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Atung9801 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I'm a graphic design student, and I want to get a MacBook for back to school. I will be running adobe creative suite and other graphics programs, besides that, I would just be normal use, no gaming. Price, portability, battery, and performance are important to me. Should I buy the regular 13" mbp and max out the hardware with 16 gb ram and a ssd with the i7 ivy processor, OR just wait it out until the new haswell rmbp comes out?

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I am 90% sure that the battery will increase greatly with has well so ya, wait.

3. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

The question you should ask yourself is what is more important to you? Do you want to have it now at a cheaper price or do you want to wait and pay retail price, but get more battery life with Haswell (as well as the other upgrades that come along with it). If an extra few hours in battery life is very important to you then I would say wait. However, if you can live without that then save yourself the money and get the current one.

4. viperGTS macrumors 65816

The back to school discounts apply all year long :)

5. Atung9801 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess what I'm asking is, is a maxed out 13in mbp good enough to run adobe creative suite without any problems at all performance wise, because price and performance and the top most important for me. Do you guys think that the new haswell will provide such a great power boost that it is worth waiting and not buying the discounted regular MacBook because retina doesn't really attract me, I just need performance, I wish I could afford the 15in but I'm a poor college student lol

6. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

I'm not talking about the back to school discounts. I'm talking about the discounts you can find through best buy/ebay since they are expecting the new macbook pros. You can find very good deals right now compared to the retail price. Also, the refurbished store is also an option to consider if you would like to save money versus buying the new one.