13" MBP + iPad 16gb OR 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sa3ad.alsaadi, Aug 17, 2010.

1. sa3ad.alsaadi macrumors newbie

Hey there! Should I get the 13 inches Macbook Pro and the iPad 16gb with Wi-Fi or only the 15" Macbook Pro?

I'm a 14 year old guy and I'm switching to mac. I like to play games like The Sims 3 and edit pictures using photoshop soo which one should I get?

BTW, the price of the basic 13" Macbook Pro is $1360 and the 16gb iPad $620 and the basic 15" Macbook Pro is $2180 (Prices are expensive because I live in Dubai, Macbooks are so expensive here :mad:)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Do you need two portable devices? Do you intend ton use the MBP often at home and the ipd while away?

My iPad replaced my net book and lowered the desire for a MBP. YMMV.

3. sa3ad.alsaadi thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't really go out alot, and if I do go out, I don't think that I'll take my iPad with me, so I really don't know what to get :confused:

4. the Helix macrumors regular

the Helix

MB Pro 15"

From what you stated regarding your needs, it seems that the 15" MacBook Pro would be more useful for you.

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I would recommend the 13", and save the extra cash you would spend on the iPad, rather than spend it. Trust me, saving money is good, especially $500+. With a MBP, that kind of defeats the purpose of the iPad, especially if you wouldn't really take it anywhere.