13"MBP keyskin or not

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reminisquare, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Reminisquare macrumors newbie

Recently, I purchased 13" MBP.

This is my first Macbook and i would like to keep it clean and buy some accessories.

It seemed like keypad for 13" MBP takes big role in ventilation and sound.

If i apply key skin for 13" MBP would it deteriorate MBP's performance ?

Also, Can some one recommend with me with case, cover, and pouch for MBP ?

Thank you

2. baxnet macrumors member

baxnet

They keyskin isn't going to completely kill your performance. Put a few (5 or so) pieces of paper over your keyboard with music playing. Listen for the sound difference and check your temp and fan stats with iStat. That's roughly what you'll be looking at.

As for a case, it depends on what sort of versatility you're looking for. Do you just want to keep it protected while you have it sitting in your room? Get a neoprene sleeve. Do you want/plan to carry it around with you a lot? Get an actual case with handles.

Personally, I prefer the backpack case. I just purchased this:
    http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=JDB0TcPqH8yltwenh4D0Dg&ved=0CDYQ8gIwAg#

SG also makes a really decent carrying case with handles that is low profile. It all comes down to preference.

EDIT: Though I haven't used or seen the specific model in person, (I have used a regular neoprene sleeve) these look pretty cool:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/H...fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTkwMjA2MzQ&s=topSellers
    I like the fact that you can charge while it's in the case due to the side zipper.

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

I use a speck clear hardshell and a moshi clear keyboard cover. then i just throw that into an incase neoprene sleeve whenever i go out.

4. almostt macrumors newbie

i have the speck see thru hard shell.
    the moshi palm guard.
    and a keyboard cover.

i ordered all three on amazon for 46 bucks shipped.
    and the speck cases are sold for 50 bucks everywhere. :)