13" MBP Messenger Bag Recommendations

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arthursiew, Mar 31, 2010.

1. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

I had a Mac Case brand messenger bag for about a year now and the quality wasn't that good. Right now, I need some recommendations on some messenger bags. Money doesn't really matter that much right now, but it should be under $180. I saw some Timbuk2 bags and they look good. Any other recommendations?

2. Streethawk macrumors 6502

3. steffi macrumors 6502a

Couple of ideas. The new 2010 Louis Vuitton bags look nice.

I've got a Mandarina Duck workbag that works well but more suited to 15"

I'm currently using this thing from Belkin Components that I bought in 1996 coupled with a Tom Bihn Absolute Strap to carry my MBP 13" to work.

4. arthursiew thread starter macrumors 6502

arthursiew

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have several Timbuk2 bags and ready to get another. They are very durable. Have lots of compartments. The other day I found a little cellphone compartment in my Blogger bag. It's very convenient cause now my cell phone doesn't get lost inside the bag. The blogger feels a little bit lighter than my messenger bag.

It's very safe to carry your Mac in. I've been carrying my PB G4 in mine since owning it. The compartment size gives you a little more room so that you can place your fingers in and pull out your Mac. The small is fine, but it you want to use your bag for other things, get the medium. I use my Messenger bag sometimes for day trips, storage for my DSLR, or books/sketch pad.

I'm getting a custom one because I don't like how the grey color shows pen marks on mine. It's a small thing. I just like a clean bag. The custom bags you can select the liner color.

http://www.timbuk2.com/wordpress_cms/new-messenger-bags/

If you want added protection of your Mac, get a Tucano Second Skin.

http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=second skin