13" MBP Refurb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by berkleeboy210, Aug 27, 2009.

1. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Hi Guys,

Just took delivery of my 13" Refurb MBP at 9am (yay no waiting around the whole day!).

I ordered the stock model, but apparently Apple has sent me one with 4gb of RAM. Which was the only upgrade I was planning on making, so needless to say I'm happy, and am not going to let them know about their GOOD error. :D

Bring on Snow Leopard!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Thanks for playing the Refurb Roulette, where everyone is a winner, because you can easily get BETTER specs than that for which you paid! :cool:

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Great buy. I've been keeping an eye on the Canadian refurb store, but have yet to see refurb 13" MBPs in stock. Looks like this computer has been popular enough and well built enough that there aren't many refurbs out there...

4. berkleeboy210 thread starter macrumors 68000

$999 for this. Good deal! There seem to still be stock of 13" MBP's in the US store.

Does mishaps in the refurb store happen often??

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's common enough to have a name. :cool: Not a guarantee, but there's a fair chance. Processors happen least of all, RAM and HDDs most. In the off chance that your computer can actually HAVE a GPU upgrade, those can happen, too.

6. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

saw a thread a few weeks ago, same thing happened to a guy. he called apple to tell them and they said that they will adjust the warranty info to include 4gb. i dont think telling them would hurt. they are not going to have you return it, probably cost more in shipping than they pay for the 2 sticks of ram. and they surely can not charge you for it as it would be an unauthorized charge.

this way you are fully covered if your RAM takes a dump in the future.
    otherwise, if it does, there may be some questions about it being third party stuff, it COULD be a hassle.

7. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Often enough. The refurb store doesn't discriminate between CTO machines... if someone bought one and paid for the RAM upgrade, the refurb store just deals with it as a regular machine. The specs listed on the refurb store could be called the "minimum" specs a machine will come with, although you should never expect bonuses, they do sometimes come along. :)