13" MBP Retina Pricing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ObamaJr, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ObamaJr macrumors newbie

I am looking to buy the new 13" Macbook Retina when is comes out (as expected) in early October.

What pricing will I be looking at? And will the specs will similar to the current 15" model?

I am a noob so in terms of the specs I am really wondering if the 13" will be able to run Diablo III, multitable on a poker site and run 6/7 simple apps concurrently.

Cheers

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Current base 15" rMBP is priced $400 more than base cMBP. So expect the new one to have the same price difference. So..... $1599 for the base 13" retina model.

As far as specs go, do an advanced search, there are several threads on expected specs.

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

The specs of the 13" have never really been similar to the 15". We have no idea what the specs will be so there is no good way to answer what it is capable of running. I hope your expectations are set very low for it to come out in October because it is likely to not happen until next year.

4. Panini macrumors regular

1. I have my doubts as to whether or not it'll come out. If the 15" retina is having even the slightest performance issues, the 13" is sure to have more (see below).

2. I can almost guarantee the 13" will stay with a dual core processor (a big step down from quad, don't know if it affects the integrated GPU though, but it probably will). And it will not have a discrete graphics card. It's almost impossible to fit just one of those into a 13" model, and if they do, it will surely not be as slim as the current 15".

3. Like I said above. The 15" can run Diablo 3 decently (45-50 fps at 1680 resolution). But it has trouble with retina mode. 1680 is less than 13" retina, so you will NOT be able to run the 13" retina model on retina settings.

Here's the thing, though. The 15", on 1440x900, can run D3 at a steady 50fps. That's with a quad core processor (processor is important for games like diablo) and a discrete graphics card. 13" will barely be able to handle it.

A closer benchmark would be to see how well the air can handle D3. The graphics will be essentially the same (HD4000) and CPU as well, except 13" retina will have a higher clock speed. On 1366 (regular) resolution, you can hope to run D3 at medium-low settings.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

None of these would really benefit from a retina display. The current MBP 13" models can handle it just fine.

6. luqtotheman macrumors regular

Don't see a 13' inch retina anytime soon. I give it a year or so. Just my opinion of course.

Too many technological barriers.

7. tillsbury macrumors 65816

I think that the barrier really is just the battery. Look at the volume of the MBPr15 that is taken up by battery. Now look at how much less volume there is in a 13" body.