Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aspen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Bought the new base 13" MPB over the weekend. Love it but really need a 15". Do you think Apple will allow me to return the slightly used 13" for full price (no 10% fee) and then I pay the difference for the 15"?

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Bought the new base 13" MPB over the weekend. Love it but really need a 15". Do you think Apple will allow me to return the slightly used 13" for full price (no 10% fee) and then I pay the difference for the 15"?

Yup they will, plus they don't do restocking fee anymore. So yeah return it if you want and get the 15". Do an exchange actually so your money isn't tied up in limbo. Just did a quick check to make sure my system was fine, they asked if anything was wrong with the system, and returned full payment back to visa.

I did return my i7 13" and want a BTO 15" so I'm waiting for apple to clear the refund on my debit card.. waiting sucks!!

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
Yup they will, plus they don't do restocking fee anymore. So yeah return it if you want and get the 15". Do an exchange actually so your money isn't tied up in limbo. Just did a quick check to make sure my system was fine, they asked if anything was wrong with the system, and returned full payment back to visa.

I did return my i7 13" and want a BTO 15" so I'm waiting for apple to clear the refund on my debit card.. waiting sucks!!

Wait a minute! All those reviews and you returned the 13"? What was your reasoning?

Aspen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Wait a minute! All those reviews and you returned the 13"? What was your reasoning?

I thought Apple didn't have restocking fee for unopened computers but open was another story. And, I thought that they had a 10% restocking fee if opened; that's what the online policy states.

mtkagan

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
yeah man please tell us why you wanna go up to the 15? all your reviews on the 13 made me order mine lol and now you switching up??

Aspen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
yeah man please tell us why you wanna go up to the 15? all your reviews on the 13 made me order mine lol and now you switching up??

Not me. I don't have any reviews for the 15". I simply would like more real estate.

Koda650

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
I'm not sure this ever happened..

Can someone confirm?

Yes, I have talked to an Apple store employee and their online live chat and both have told me there are no restocking fees for opened and used systems that are returned with all original materials.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL

It wasn't anything the 13" did, I had originally wanted a 15" on my newest purchase but went ahead and got the 13" i7 b/c I could get it that night. The reason being I couldn't get a 15" base with high-res AG. I absolutely loved it, and would still be keeping but, but after having gotten some extra cash, I decided I could go ahead and get the base 15" with Anti-glare. I still am debating on spending that much but I really just like the antiglare for my videos. Trust me, I know it sounds silly to be paying that much extra for the AG, but I just can't get away from it. I didn't like seeing my reflection on my external videos lol. If the 13" had the 1440x900 with AG I would have paid the extra $150 for it. My next option was to go ahead and get the 15" option.

I still haven't bought a new one though. I just wanted to give myself some time. I already miss the 13" and kind of wonder if I should've returned it. I had a beautiful screen with mine, the 9CC3, damn it was noticeably better than my 2010 13".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.