13" MBP sleeve problem

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hotalby, Jun 20, 2009.

1. hotalby macrumors newbie

does anyone have an tips for buying a protective sleeve for the new macbook pro 13"? I had a neoprene Incase that I was using for my white macbook. But its really floppy when the new MBP is in it. :(

think they will keep making one sleeve for both macbook/macbook pro 13"?
    Thanks

2. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

my neoprene sleeve is floppy for my unibody as well. I think its just because manufacturers just want the sleeve to be compatible with both laptop lines

3. macbook yes macrumors 6502

I just got an ogio neoprene case for my umb. It fits pretty snug. It is lined with super-soft bright green short fur, but also comes in silver and pink. The outside of all of them are black. I like it. It is thicker than alot of the other cases I have seen, probably because of the extra layer of fur.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah that's cuz Incase is too lazy to upgrade their sleeve for the new uMB's. I had that incase neo sleeve and it wasn't all that bad.

5. MAC~n~Cheese macrumors newbie

I dont have any advice for you - but was hoping to find some for myself by coming to this thread. I'll be getting my MBP soon so i've started looking for cases. Have you thought about/considered the hard cases? I dont really know anything about them, just that they're another option to consider.

6. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

What do you guys mean by floppy? I have the Incase Neoprene sleeve and love it.

7. hotalby thread starter macrumors newbie

Floppy as in there was an almost an inch btw the laptop and it zipper
    but to be fair, I was initially using that case for the white mb. Stretch :(

8. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Oh. I dont have that problem with mine. Mine snugs perfectly.

9. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

I have the be.ez LArobe.

It is really stiff material (feels a bit different when your are used to neoprene) and the fit is perfect. The zippers are padded well away from the Macbook.
    You need to take out the notebook completely - something I ever do. The case is so stiff, you can actually leave it in the bag and easily slide the Macbook back in after use - works perfect for me...

I have it since 9 Months now and it still looks beautiful.

10. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Wow, I can't believe that the dimensions of the 13" MBP are that different from the 13" MB 'collector's edition'. The updates to the line probably caught the accessory makers off guard like it did everyone else. If the dimensions are different, it will probably take another 6 weeks to design and manufacture cases for the new models.

11. macbook yes macrumors 6502

The dimensions are exactly the same, the only problem is for the hard cases because some of the ports are different.