13" MBP Touchpad - Sinking?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imagine123, Dec 28, 2009.

1. imagine123 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I have an issue which hasn't been talked about much on this or other sites (as far as I could find). I bought my 13" MBP in october and it has been working fine.

The touchpad, however, although it is still functional, seems to be noticeably sinking in the bottom right and left corners (more so in the right than then left).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? The click and tap still work in all areas, its just that my finger goes down significantly when it goes toward the bottom right... Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks.

2. celticpride678

I had this same issue. It is the tension screw that got messed up. Go to the Genius Bar and have them tighten it for you. Then it will get back into place.

The screw is accessible by removing the battery. However, the screw they used is not standard and must by brought to Apple.

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I have this same issue, and while it does not bother me in the slightest you can just take it to Apple and they will tighten the screw that is below the battery. The only way for the screw to be tightened is by Apple because of the screwhead type, and you will void your warranty trying to remove the battery to get to the screw.

EDIT:CelticPride beat me to it.

4. imagine123 thread starter macrumors newbie

How long does this take? I'd like to know so I can plan when to take care of this. And also, is the fix permanent?

Thank you for your help!

5. celticpride678

I was in and out in 5 minutes (literally). It should be a permanent fix.