13" MBP touchpad surface problem.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brave5213, May 29, 2010.

1. brave5213 macrumors regular

i bought a brand new mbp yesterday, and i just realized that the touchpad's surface is not smooth. when i touch there is a tiny sharp barrow.
    it's very tiny but since it's on the touchpad surface, it's really bothering me.
    do i have i chance to change the computer?
    thanks...

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Of course you should be able to exchange it. Why not? But you didn't state where you bought it?

3. celticpride678

If you bought it from the Apple Store or Best Buy, just take it back and exchange it.

4. brave5213 thread starter macrumors regular

i bought it from 5th ave apple store. yes i will stop by today, and let's see what's gonna happen. probably they will give me hard time...

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Don't worry about it. It's a defect and it's within the 14 days return/exchange period so you'll be fine. :)

6. brave5213 thread starter macrumors regular

i'm just coming from 5th ave apple store.
    first i asked a guy who has blue ipad tshirt. i asked him "i purchased this computer yesterday bla bla ..." and he send me to the cashier, after waiting 15 min in the line finally i was able to talk with cashier, and he said that i have to go and talk with genius bar... and i walked to the genius bar, and i asked "i don't have any appointment but i bought this computer yesterday, now i have a problem bla bla bla.." he was really nice guy, and in 1 min he set an appointment for me even there wasn't any available time..
    now here comes the story:
    i told to the "genius" guy "i have a pr.... bla bla" and i put the computer on the table , than he start telling me "there is no problem, i can't feel it" than i said" right here" because he was just swiping his finger wrong place. than he said again there is nothing wrong. his attitude was soo annoying:mad:. than i said "ok, maybe something is wrong with your finger, because i can feel it, and the first guy who i'm talk with he was able to feel that dent too, can you show someone else?" then he said "no i will not show someone else,i'm am the guy who can decide whether i need to show someone else or not, there is nothing wrong with this, but if you want to return it we would like to accept it with 10% restocking fee":confused: what the #%$% was that?
    i swear my god i was gonna punch him!
    then i said ok and went to another guy on the floor and i explained the situation and that guy's attitude, he was really nice and he lead me to (probably manager) and then in ten min i walked outside with my new mbp.
    i don't know what i have to say! same time i'm happy but also i was really angry to that "super genius"

7. jamesbond05 macrumors member

jamesbond05

8. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

**looks for an ad for a Genius at the 5th Ave store**

9. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

hahaha ive had situations like that, mixed emotions! but hey, at least you got ur new mbp :) glad to hear things went smooth (so kind of smooth, like ur old track pad lol ;))

10. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I'm glad to hear you took it back & got it replaced. It was obviously defective.

As far as your experience, unfortunately that's rather typical. Apples corporate culture breeds arrogant attitudes. It starts at the top with the ringmaster himself.

11. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

That's absolutely false. I live within 25 minutes of 7 Apple stores and I've been to 5 of them on the regular and I've never experienced arrogant attitudes, they've always been professional and courteous and greet me immediately no matter how busy the stores are.
    Just yesterday I went there to exchange a pair of headphones. I was greeted right at the door by a very nice employee, told him that I needed to exchange my headphones for a different brand. He recommended that I go see the guy in the back that does exchanges, gave me his name, (Devon) I and walked to the guy and I got helped immediately with a smile.

The genius immediately exchanged my headphones and gave me a good recommendation. He shook my hand and as I was leaving the store the guy at the front door said, "Did Devon take care of you? Did you get your new headphones?", I said yes, thank you, he smiled and said have a great day. That's MUCH better service then I've ever got at Best Buy or Macys.

Honestly with a post like yours I have to say it starts with the customer. Many customers (especially some people on this forum) walk into the Apple stores with a poor attitude, rude, and expect the Apple employees to kiss their rear ends. When they don't they come back here and post a negative experience. This, BTW was not towards the OP but definitely a reflection of your post that I am quoting.