13" MBP trackpad problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WeeManFoo, Aug 11, 2009.

1. WeeManFoo macrumors newbie

Just bought a MBP over the weekend. It's great, except for the strange trackpad. Ever 10 minutes or so, the trackpad decides to wack out on me. It randomly clicks, moves to the right, and becomes basically unusable for about 20 seconds until something fixes it. I've been monitoring statistics on my Mac and I can't find a specific variable that is causing it. I have a Time Machine backup, so I could return it (bought from Best Buy) and restore all of my files. What should I do? I can't find any way to fix it, but I still can return it or try to get it fixed at the Apple Store. I don't want to return it because it is fine besides the trackpad, but if it is necessary, I'll do it.

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

To be honest, as you're in the 14day period, I'd just take it back for a replacement, no point taking it into apple to fix it if you can get a new one.

3. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Definitely just take it in and get a new one. This problem might keep popping up or lead to other issues, so you might as well get a new one while you can.