13" MBP update Feb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elhungarian, Jan 12, 2011.

1. elhungarian macrumors regular

hi all,

i know i know.. another "next MBP" thread. But bare with me. I found this graphic in another thread.
    [​IMG]

Now since the last update was 10 months after the last one listed in the graph.. 04/2010. Would one assume that the new MBP should hit around 02/2011? 10 months after the last update? Granted Apple can do whatever they want.

Just curious if you guys think that iPad2, and Verizon iPhone4 will throw a kink into my first MBP 2011 plans..
    :apple::apple::apple:

Don't be hatin' thought the graph was worth it's own thread.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

It stands to reason that an update is imminent.

"When" though is the unanswerable question. Nobody who knows is talking.

"What" is the other unanswerable question. Tons of speculation / wish-lists, but until updates are announced we simply won't know.

3. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

There are questions about this every day on these forums. And in my mind, it dosen't really matter per say when the new machines are released. Because we all know they are coming in the next 2-3 months, right? So if you absolutely need a new laptop right now and cannot wait, then get one now. But if you can afford to wait, then to me it probably makes sense to just wait. Because if the difference of waiting is a matter of a month, then in the long run, that is inconsequential.

Everything else is just pure speculation. No one here knows when they will be released. Only Apple. And in 2011, it would make sense that the Verizon Iphone would come 1st, then an announcement regarding the ipad/mobile me, then the laptops, then WWDC/Iphone 5/Lion. But the actual dates are a mystery, although most can speculate on approximate timeframes for these things.