13" MBP versus 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jusacruiser, Nov 13, 2010.

1. jusacruiser macrumors 6502

jusacruiser

Ok, the age old question.....what's better.....the 13" MBP or the 15" MBP??

And the age old answer.....it depends on how you want to use it. What do you want to do with the computer?

So let me phrase it another way.....what is more popular? The 13" or the 15"?

And of course, I could not resist asking the question anyway.....what is better.....13" or 15" MBP?

:cool:

2. pjazzy macrumors newbie

3. jlw2387 macrumors member

I think they are pretty equal all things considered (including price). I don't know if "Which one is more popular" is much of a question that would help anything.

4. Tempto macrumors member

Most popular by far is the 13. But the 15 has better performance. It has a better processor (13 only comes in C2D), and of course 2 more inches to work with. Not much other than that.

5. Ronnoco, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

It seems the consensus is, if "portability" is first and foremost on your needs list the 13" is more than capable of handling most any of your everyday tasks however, if you don't need the portability factor, the 15" i5 appears to be the best "bang-for-the-buck" combining good power, upgraded graphics, nice screen real estate and decent portability...

6. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Better graphics card.

7. carlyinoz macrumors member

I recently bought my first MacBook and the decision of whether to go for a 13" or 15" drove me up the wall. Considering it's used primarily on my lap or I take it out the portability of the 15" was a concern, as was the fact I was paying way above my budget even for a refurb but in the end I decided to go for it, simply because I don't have an external monitor and wanted the extra screen room. Really glad I splashed out on it. The technical mumbo jumbo doesn't really mean much to me :)eek:) but all I know is that it's fast, runs as many programmes as I ask it to without freaking out and it looks gorgeous. I want to marry mine! :D

8. molala macrumors 6502a

Most of the people I have worked with have Macs. A good mix of MB/MBP/MBA owners and all seem pretty happy with their choice - and I think it's 50-50. I tend to go for smaller laptops, so I like the 13". Most of my friends who have the 15" MBP are just really more comfortable the bigger screen size, have no interest in connecting to an external monitor, and don't mind the weight.