13" MBP Video Editing Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bubbagumpshrimp, Jun 29, 2009.

1. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with imovie 09 running sluggish and crashing with the MBP 13"? With what I have, what can I do to better my experience with video editing? Would increasing my ram from 2GB to 4GB make a significant difference?

Thanks

2. HarvJH macrumors newbie

I don't really use it but if you're serious about editing get Final Cut Pro :D

3. anthonyramos84 macrumors newbie

anthonyramos84

But Final Cut Pro uses much much more resources than iMovie! :rolleyes:

As with iMovie being sluggish, are you editing a huge HD movie file? if that is the case, then it really might be slowing down your system. If not, there is a chance that you might have some RAM issues which is causing iMovie to fail.

4. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

most likely the HD content would be lagging down. or maybe your running too many high-resource required applications at the sametime.

i would suggest upgrading your RAM, there isn't a time where RAM never improves your lagging in programs

5. bubbagumpshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Thanks for the commments. I've been editing HD video which I'm sure gets heavy on my MBP. Sounds like I'll have to get 4gb of ram. I only hope that it makes a big difference.