Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
- Which screen is better?

- Is the 7 hours of battery life really worth it over the 5 hours in the Late 08 Macbook Pro?

I currently have a Macbook 2.4ghz, and I am thinking of selling it for the new 13" Mbp or the 2008 gen Macbook Pro 2.4ghz, because of the 9600m gt, and Snow Leopard.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
- Which screen is better?

- Is the 7 hours of battery life really worth it over the 5 hours in the Late 08 Macbook Pro?

I currently have a Macbook 2.4ghz, and I am thinking of selling it for the new 13" Mbp or the 2008 gen Macbook Pro 2.4ghz, because of the 9600m gt, and Snow Leopard.

1. It is my personal opinion that the 15" screen is significantly nicer than the 13" MBP screens. I think it is brighter and has wider viewing angles. It also is SXGA+ instead of just XGA. I like it.

2. I'm going to be taking my system to school a lot, and I have a full schedule between 8 AM and 5-6 PM. For me, the extra battery life is a very big deal, and it is going to make life so much easier to not have to swap batteries in the middle of the day.

If you feel you need the battery or a dedicated graphics chip, go ahead and do the swap. Get whatever is necessary for you. I switched by uMB 2.4 for the system I have now.

Kristalghost

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
15 inch all the way

personally I'd definitely go 15 inch!
you might want to know I just read a threat that all the 13 inch mbp's apparently have SATA I and you can't use SSD's to there full potential with SATA I you need SATA II witch is in 15 inch laptops I presume.
further more I'd like to point out that the 15 inch 2.8 GHz has the 6MB L2 cache
witch is as have been told allot better then the 3MB
(yeah I've done my research :p)
also might be interested to know that the 5400 rpm 500 GB hd is better than the 7200 rpm in 8/10 parts of a benchmark and better for noise and battery.
I personally think that apple cheapt out with the 13 inch a bit so id definitely go 15 inch and the extra space is nice to.

hope my extensive research on this forum helped you

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
personally I'd definitely go 15 inch!
you might want to know I just read a threat that all the 13 inch mbp's apparently have SATA I and you can't use SSD's to there full potential with SATA I you need SATA II witch is in 15 inch laptops I presume.
further more I'd like to point out that the 15 inch 2.8 GHz has the 6MB L2 cache
witch is as have been told allot better then the 3MB
(yeah I've done my research :p)
also might be interested to know that the 5400 rpm 500 GB hd is better than the 7200 rpm in 8/10 parts of a benchmark and better for noise and battery.
I personally think that apple cheapt out with the 13 inch a bit so id definitely go 15 inch and the extra space is nice to.

hope my extensive research on this forum helped you

The 15" has the SATA I as well. It sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.