13'' MBP vs.....?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by UglyLittleSpud, Sep 7, 2011.

1. UglyLittleSpud macrumors member

Hi,
    I'm seriously considering a 13'' MacBook Pro. I'll be using it for internet, writing screenplays, some light gaming and video editing. I was also considering the 15'', but it's a huge price difference between the two base models. Is it worth spending the extra for the 15''?? I have to say the resolution of the 13'' is a little off-putting in some ways considering the Air has a higher res screen...

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I wish the MBP's had the MBA's screen, but I'm using a 13" MacBook right now (same size screen as the MBP's), and I can't say I've ever really wished for a bigger display. It depends on what you do with it, but I love this size, and wouldn't want a 15" if it were the same price (well, maybe an exaggeration, but you get the idea...).

jW

3. UglyLittleSpud thread starter macrumors member

Cool....I'm sure 13'' would be fine for my needs. Shame about the resolution though, that really does nag at me. Oh well...:apple:

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

How light (gaming) are you thinking? (which titles etc)

5. UglyLittleSpud thread starter macrumors member

Well, I have a PS3 for gaming, but the MBP would be for a few Steam titles I have like Portal 2. Maybe WoW..
    Other than that, just Mame and a few other emulators.

6. Kristine macrumors 6502a

If you are seriously considering a MBA I would suggest you look at the screen in person and compare it with the MBP. I have just gone from a 2011 13" MBA to a 2011 13" MBP because I found although the MBA has a higher resolution, the quality of the MBP screen is much better.

Having said that, my high-spec 2011 15" hi-res antiglare that I sold two weeks ago blows both the 13" MBP and MBA screens away (I sold only because I needed something lighter and smaller).

7. Young Spade macrumors 68020

The 13 inch MBP will do that if you run games in bootcamp. I can play Portal 2 on medium settings with no problems whatsoever aside from heat... but that's a given.

Get the 13 inch Pro.