13" MBP Who has the best prices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac Rookie, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Mac Rookie macrumors member

Long time user of a Dell pc that runing on it last leg. Now iam looking for a 13" MBP who has the best prices on them?

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I believe this is the order.

1) 1 time ACD Membership
    2) Apple Store Employees (with 1 time discount)
    3) Students
    4) Government
    5) Corp discounts (depending on employer i.e. adobe, att, etc)
    6) Retail. Most places will give you retail prices. Don't expect to find tons of discounts and coupons like most other OEMs.

Students get the sweetest deal. This makes purchases through the Uni bookstore available as well as the ADC membership which is 99 dollars and offers a one time 25% off a single order (one desktop/laptop and a monitor with accessories). It requires verification though, so if you are a student then this is the way to go.

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

4. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Get the education discount: $100+ off the MacBook Pro, a free 8GB iPod touch, and a free $199 HP PhotoSmart printer. The latter two products are by rebate submission. FANTASTIC deal.

If you're not a student, get a relative/friend who is not going to make use of this promo to help!

5. mls64 macrumors member

Here are a couple of sources for prices:
    http://www.appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/
    http://www.lowendmac.com/deals/best-macbook-prices.html
    you can also do a search at dealmac.com

Also, if you buy through retailers listed at ebates, you can get an additional 1-3% cash back. Ebates is free,
    sign up with my Ebates link, you get $5 for your first purchase through any retailer listed plus the rebate.
    Apple store is 1%, ClubMac and MacMall are 2 or 3%, eBay is 3%. Just click through Ebates to get to the vendor. It is a great free service.

6. Mac Rookie thread starter macrumors member

How does the students deal work do I need to provide proof if I buy online.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If you just buy it online through the student store I don't think they do verification always. I've heard they let people slide do and just do random audits.

If you want to go the ADC route, you'll need to provide verification before your ADC status will become active. Once you send that in (acceptance letter, class schedule, student ID etc) then they will activate your account and you'll be able to purchase through the ADC store.

8. sweet160 macrumors regular

sweet160

sTudent in Ecuador

I am a Belgian studying Spanish in Ecuador. Could an apple store in New York accept this and give me the discount?

What documents would I have to show?

9. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

From Apple Edu Policy

Eligibility

Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education Individuals include faculty, staff, students and parents as follows:

K12 - Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in the United States is eligible. In addition, school board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members are eligible. PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers are eligible.

Higher Education - Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions; and students attending, or accepted into a Higher Education institution are eligible to purchase. Purchases from the Apple Store for Education Individuals are not for institutional purchase or resale.

Higher Education Parents - Parents purchasing on behalf of their child, who is a student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States, are eligible to purchase.

10. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

I got a brand new 13" MBP on eBay shipped direct from Apple for $950 shipped after a 10% off eBay coupon and 8% bing.com cashback.

So the answer to your question is eBay :)

11. BizRunner macrumors member

BizRunner

I thought that you could only get a free $99 printer?

12. iTouch macrumors 6502

For a 13" ADC is useless. The discount isn't worth the $99 membership fee. But if you go for the 15" then it's definitely worth it plus they will send you a copy of Leopard and Snow Leopard. Well Snow Leopard for sure. I'll probably get mine through eBay with cashback and eBay Bucks.

13. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

You can get around $175 if you sell the Touch on EBay and another 50 or so if you sell the little Canon Photo Printer. (These items are free after rebate and I just got my checks in the mail yesterday) I am also tax exempt and my total price for the entry level macbook Pro 13 was $875 net after rebates and E-Bay. Then I spent $20 on an Incase sleeve (used from Amazon).

14. Mac Rookie thread starter macrumors member

looks like online you dont need proof.
    I pick up one at bestbuy got 60.00 off.

15. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

It's not ethical to buy with edu discount if you are not eligible.