13" MBP - Windows 7?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boylerman, Oct 29, 2013.

1. boylerman macrumors member

I'm curious if anyone has successfully installed Windows 7 on the new 13" MacBook Pro? Using the Boot Camp assistant, I migrated the Windows 7 install disk to a flash drive and downloaded and installed the helper files to the flash drive.

When I attempt to boot from the flash drive, the Windows setup program loads however the keyboard and mouse are non-responsive and I am unable to continue with the setup. It appears that the drivers on the Windows 7 disk are not compatible with the chipset, and the helper drivers downloaded by the Bootcamp assistant don't seem to be working.

Curious if anyone's gotten Windows 7 installed on these new MacBook Pro's.

Thanks,
    Kent

2. teotuf macrumors member

I am using windows 7 x64 SP1 on my late 2013 13inch rMBP. I used boot camp assistant to create the a bootable USB with bootcamp files on it, then installed the bootcamp drivers afterwards.

I used this ISO file from microsoft:
    http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24209.iso

3. neteng101 macrumors 65816

As the other person indicated - you have to use Service Pack 1 install media to create the USB or the install will fail/hang on you.

4. boylerman thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I downloaded the ISO and reran the bootcamp assistant to recreate the USB boot disk. I get the same result - the windows setup program launches, but I have no keyboard or trackpad input!

Now I'm really confused!