13" mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Applefan17, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Applefan17 macrumors member

Lately I have been seeing a lot of talk of the pending upgrade of the 15" and possibly the 17" MBP. However, will all the hype going on, I am a bit confused on whether or not the 13" will be upgraded too.

Does any evidence point to the upgrade of the 13" or will we just see an upgrade of the higher tier models. I am concerned because I am planning to wait for the 13" inch to be refreshed but I don't know if well see it in the near future.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nobody knows for sure, but the 13" will probably see a marginal upgrade if the 15/17" models are upgraded.

3. Applefan17 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply!

All I'm hoping is really to get the latest hardware available and would rather wait a little longer to get it then go for the current models.

4. WhoisMedina macrumors member

I think they are going to go with a 11"/13" Air and a 15"/17" Pro. No need to have both 13" Air and 13" Pro. Just my opinion.

We'll find out soon enough.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

agreed, especially if they make the Pro more Air Like in design than there really is no reason for both

to the average joe right now the optical drive is the only thing making the 13 MBA and 13 MBP different(keep in mind im talking "average joe" who knows nothing about SSD or any of the other big differences)

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The 13" MBP will get upgrade, the question is, will it be part of the first batch. That is will both the 15" and 13" be upgraded at the same time?

The rumors are leaning towards no, that the 15" will be upgraded first and then the 13"

7. rwcooper macrumors newbie

My worry is that they will merge the 13" Air and Pro and that the 13" Pro will be removed from the lineup. I prefer the size of the 13" Pro to that of the 15" Pro.

8. scupking macrumors 6502a

I agree with everyone that they will have 11" and 13" air then 15" and 17" pro. Though I do think this time around you will be able to expand the ram in the airs.

9. KohPhiPhi macrumors 6502a

I totally agree.

If they remove the DVD drive and the Hard Drive from the MBP 13" (as the rumors have it), then there's not enough differentiation to market the MBP 13" and MBA 13" as two independent products.

10. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

The 13" MBP will get upgraded. I personally don't think that Apple will kill off the 13" MBP, and I hope they don't. The 13" MBP is a very popular model and some people, myself included, really like the 13" form factor and want more power than the MBA. My main point of contention with the MBA is the fact that it is not user upgradable and uses what I think are underpowered processors. I love my 13" MBP and hope they release some really exciting updates for it. But then again you never know what Apple will do.

11. Applefan17 thread starter macrumors member

I hope they don't kill off the 13" for the reasons stated above. For me, I believe that it is the perfect combination of portability and power

12. PVisitors macrumors 6502a

Would be suicide to kill off the 13" Macbook Pro.

The 13" Air is in a different price range. £100 for what the average person will see as less space, lower clock speed and no user upgradability will put quite a few people off. Including the student market which I would state (although I haven't seen figures) make quite a big chunk of Apple's 13" market.

13. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Yeah well I want apple to keep the 13" MBP cause I cant afford the 15" or 17" and I dont want the air because then I cant upgrade the computer to 8 gig or an SSD,Where as the 13" MBP is easy to customize.

14. WhoisMedina macrumors member

That's exactly why I got my 13" Macbook Pro a couple months ago.

15. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Well you know what they say,great minds think alike;):D