13 MBPr Screen Resolution Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by princealyy, Dec 23, 2013.

1. princealyy macrumors regular

I am going to make the switch back to Apple, I am frustrated with Lenovo so I am going to switch back to apple

Here is the question, with the retina resolution if I use Windows on my MBPr what will be the resolution of the unit in Windows mode?? I am not sure considering their claim of 2560 x 1600 what would be the native resolution in Windows mode.

I plan on using the Windows portion for intensive work jobs, and stick to Mac on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance.

2. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yes it would run 2560x1600 on the 13" or 2880x1800 on the 15"...kind of sucks since there is no option for HiDPI mode yet but you can scale the text in control panel to better suit your vision.

3. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

If I set my 15" to 1920x1200 and up the text size to 150% it doesn't look bad at all.

People coming from a cheap display wouldn't even be able to tell the drop in sharpness.

4. princealyy thread starter macrumors regular

I guess then that should help me make my decision ... I will try to pick one up on my way home from work ...

The current laptop I am using (since my lenovo is acting up) is an Acer S7, and it has a 1080 display so the text is pretty small.... but the resolution on that screen is pretty nice ... so I dont mind it...