13" mbpro super weird auto shutdown

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by scottjua, Sep 10, 2011.

1. scottjua macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

This is a new one for me and I work at a store.

My 13" mb pro, while under battery power died completely and quickly as if disconnecting the battery. This is a unibody mid 2010 model. The odd thing is, it had just come from a full charge, and I was plugging in an external monitor, when it died.

I then thought it just went to sleep but trying to wake it up had no effect. Then I tried the power button and nothing. Multiple times. Then I pushed the battery level indicator button and nothing. No feedback from the level LEDs. Then finally a single LED started to flash as if the battery was out of charge. Then seconds later while I was exclaiming profanities aloud the battery showed full charge and I was able to start it up.

Upon start up the computer lost date and time settings but is running fine now.

Anyone seen this????

What the hell?????

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Nope, I can't think of anything. Can you check your system log to see if it shows anything?

Application -> Utilities -> Console. Scroll up until you find the correct timeline.

3. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Battery does not have a good connection with the logic board?
    Damaged battery?
    Static damage?