13 New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sandkicks, May 14, 2012.

1. sandkicks macrumors member

Are they going to eliminate the 13 Macbook Pro. I hope not!:)

2. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

No, *if* they eliminated any, would be the 17" MacBook Pro.

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Nobody really knows yet. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if at WWDC they announce "The New Macbook Pro" and never mention a 13" model.

I would love a super powerful 13" MBP with a real GPU, but nobody knows if it will happen.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There is a new rumor today about retina displays in 11/13 Macbook Airs also. It is certainly possible there will be a 11/13 Air and a 15" only Pro model.

Who knows at this point.

5. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

The 13" base MacBook pro is the BEST selling model in almost every retail channel. They will not get rid of it.

6. Havok83 macrumors regular

God I hope not. I'm eyeing a Mac to replace my laptop and 13 is the best fit for me. 15 is too big and way too expensive and I do not want an Air at all. Isn't 13 Pro, their best selling model? It seems like it would make the most sense to keep that

7. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

I highly doubt that they it will get rid of it. I was reading an article and it said that the 13" MBP was the best selling MBP apple had. I cannot see them doing away with it. Myself for example, I need more than the MBA offers which is why I hardly use mine. However I prefer the form factor of the 13 and don't need a quad core or dedicated graphics so for me my 13 MBP is the perfect machine it lets me do everything I need it to and I have put 8GB of RAM and an SSD in so it flies like my MBA its the best of both worlds. I can't see apple doing away with it.

8. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I hope not too... but is does seem odd we now have rumors of 15 Pro and 11/13 Air with no 13 Pro rumors.

I know there was an issue with Ivy Bridge mobile CPU availability for low power applications like the 13s... but then why are there 13 Air rumors and not 13 Pro rumors. Just strange.

9. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

They're just rumours. We've had 7" ipad rumours for 3 years and have never seen anything. Take all rumours with a grain of salt.