13" nTB slow to wake from sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Peptide, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Peptide macrumors member

Has anyone experienced an issue with the 2016 mbp where the login screen takes a brief moment to wake up from sleep? When I open the lid, there is about a 2 second delay from waking up, whereas my 2013 mba wakes immediately.

Could this be a SSD issue?

2. Murgatroyd314 macrumors regular

Can't say anything about the cause, but I'm occasionally getting something similar on my 15" TB, where it shows no sign of waking up for several seconds after opening.

3. sinoka56 macrumors regular

4. Peptide thread starter macrumors member

Is there an explanation for this feature?

5. cookies! macrumors 6502

Sorry for the bump, but this delay has gotten to be ridiculously long. It's now at 5-10s—what'd I'd expect from a HDD. The irony is that booting the mac from being fully off is about as fast to show the desktop as just opening the laptop from sleep and logging in. Also, most of the time my login screen looks like it has rendering issues (see attached photo)

My Mac is out of warranty sadly, but all hardware diagnostics check out. I've clean installed the latest macOS, reset PRAM and SMC (before and after the clean install), and I can't get this to go away. I do use Filevault to encrypt. Is there some sort of issue in power settings? I used the default ones from clean install...

Can anyone offer any advice or share that they have the same issue?

Attached Files:

6. cookies! macrumors 6502

Hey all, just wanted to update: I resolved this entire problem by adding another administrator account and then deleting it after reboot. Weirdest thing ever, especially since a clean install/reset didn't fix it. Must be an OS bug.