13 or 15 for working on plane/train

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobosing316, Nov 15, 2016.

1. bobosing316 macrumors newbie

bobosing316

Hi to all travellers

May I know which 13 or 15 model is best suits the plane/train economy class flip down table?

It seems that the 13 fits better, but will the 15 fit also?

Regards

2. MF878 macrumors regular

MF878

Buy what you need. If you don't need the extra performance of the 15-inch, then I would definitely recommend the 13-inch if you intend to use it on the go a decent amount, it's just easier to handle in those situations.

3. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I bought the late-2016 13" Macbook Pro to replace my mid-2015 15" Macbook Pro for easier use while traveling. I fly often and found that the 15" MBP was simply too big to comfortably use on most planes. Especially since the airlines started adding extra rows and eliminating space between passengers and the seat in front of them. The tray tables have gotten noticeably smaller as well.

I actually find it crazy just how much smaller the footprint of the new 13" MBP is in comparison with last year's 15" MBP. The new 13" MBP is only slightly bigger than my Wife's 2013 Macbook Air, yet the new display, with increased screen resolution, allows me to see almost as much as I could on my 15" pro. It really is quite remarkable.

4. iizmoo macrumors 6502

You need to hit an Apple store and size for yourself, each person has a different working style and tollerance for weight, size, and screen size. The new 2016 15" is very very small. I compared the size to my 2013 MBA, and it's basically 2/3" wider and 1/2" deeper. So if you've ever had a previous 13", the new 15" cut down the bezel size around the screen a lot. The 4 lbs weight is also not very significant if you carry. The size and weight difference for mose use cases is very minimal, in exchange for a much larger screen and a lot more processing power.

The biggest difference will be if you ever use it in bed while traveling and having it on your chest or something. I do that with my 13" MBA. I can actually do fairly decent work in that position, and it's less strain than having to sit up or sit at a desk. Having done this many years, the 1 lbs difference in weight will be noticable.