13 or 15 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zerosopher, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Zerosopher macrumors regular

Zerosopher

Hi. I'm PC guy. A laptop I am having is Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz T7100, 2GB RAM, 512 GB HDD, running Win7 Home premium.

I'm going to buy a new MackbookPro since my laptop is going to die soon (+moving to mac cuz i'm getting bored with Windows :cool:)

I'll use it for developing basic iOS App, using Dreamweaver (quite frequent), playing games (not much), listening to musics, watching movies, and surfing the net.

My question is I am not sure which model is good for my usage.

First time I planned to get the 15-inch: 2.0 but it might be over usage for me.

So I am thinking about the 13-inch: 2.3 GHz and 13-inch: 2.7 GHz (I love a big screen but I can connect it to an extremal monitor).

If I get the 13-inch: 2.7 GHz, would it be good to get the 15" instead.

I can effort the 15 but I don't wanna waste my money to the thing I will not use.

I know many expert here can help me . Thanks for your answer.

2. gullySn0wCat macrumors 6502

If you are going to the 13 2.7 you should get the 15 base model.

However all of the 13 models and 15 base model have a bad graphics card. So you will only be able to play games at very low settings.

Other than gaming, the base 13" has enough raw power to do pretty much anything you would want it to.

3. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

I would say either the base 13-inch or the high end 15-inch + High-res screen. Personally, high-res screen is a must on the 15-inch.

If you're planning to use it with an external monitor and you wouldn't do a lot of programming or web design on the go, I would say the 13-inch is perfect (Both money and size).

PS: You should just wait until next week if the rumours is true unless you need the laptop RIGHT NOW :)

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

base 15inch does very good in graphics

5. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

it's a little on the weak side for gaming, IIRC...

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

with a benchmark of nearly 9000 , i think it can handle gaming perfectly fine.

heck some people play games on 13inch macbook pros LOL

7. gullySn0wCat macrumors 6502

256mb:rolleyes:

Even an IGP smokes it... I would not call that good graphics.

8. taylorswift macrumors newbie

I feel like I am in the same boat as you when it comes to your usage. I went with the 15 inch with the high res screen and so far it seems like the perfect fit. It is portable, powerful, and the screen is plenty big enough to do design/coding. I do a little gaming, and my frame rates are good for a laptop.

9. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Dreamweaver

Is pretty resource hungry if you use it professionally. Screen is important too. If I was on a budget, I'd consider an MBA 256 13" and an external backup device.

10. Zerosopher thread starter macrumors regular

Zerosopher

Thank you so much guys. You helped me a lots

I will go to the 15 but will not buy one soon.

Just thinking about the hi-def screen

Thanks again

:)

11. randomrazr macrumors 65816

u have a 13inch macbook pro how would u know LOL