Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

preoccupied85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
I am trying to decide which one would be best for me. If I don't need to spend the extra $$ on the 15" then I'd rather not. I do graphic design/web design but never games/movie editing/3d modeling. So can I get away with the 13" without discrete graphics then? How much faster is the base 15" than the base 13" really? I plan on keeping my cycle of upgrading my mac every 3 yrs.

FYI: Right now i'm still rocking a mid-2010 13" mbp with 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo and geforce 320M 256 MB graphics. Just not cutting it anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys... especially from designers with said MBPs.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Sounds like you'll be working the GPU with how you use the laptop so I'd say the 15" with the discrete GPU.

Rocketpaul

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2012
London
buy the 13 inch and put it through its paces, if you find it slow, return it and get the 15 inch. It may be the less convenient method, but its probably the best. That way you can be sure
you have bought the right machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.