13 or 15 rMPB for Light Recording

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yano729, Nov 7, 2012.

1. yano729 macrumors member

Hey whats up everyone, I was wondering is the what the difference in the internals between the 13 or 15 inch retina as to how that would pertain to running logic pro and use it for recording and audio editing. Also, would you suggest the best processor or is the standard one good enough. Im pretty sure that the discreet graphics is not going to make a difference in the audio recording (or at least I would think not). I would lean towards the 13 inch cause I would use this as my everyday computer/school laptop, but I'm sure the 16 gigs of ram wouldn't hurt either. Thanks for your help.

2. ethereal45 macrumors regular

Discrete graphics won't matter. Get either one...before I got my 15" rMBP I used to use my Core Duo 2.0ghz 1st generation Macbook to run Logic. It worked just fine, even for doing 8 track recordings simultaneously.

3. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Light recording it does not matter.
    If you want to go further later on the 15" Quad core will be at least 2x as fast as the Dual core i5/ i7. Slowest 15" does 8 Threads at 3.1GHz in turbo. Fastest Dual 13" does 4 threads at 3.4GHz. Logic is very Multi processor aware.

4. stevelam macrumors 65816

logic pro isn't even retina-optimized. have fun with blurry recording UI.

5. ethereal45 macrumors regular

I use Logic Pro daily, and the non-retina doesn't bother me one bit. The user interface has small enough elements that it is not very dramatic. Don't let this impede you. I love the rMBP 15"

6. markus843 macrumors regular

stevelam does have a point, logic pro 9 doesn't isn't meant for retina. But I heard that logic pro 10 is coming out soon and it should be retina-ready. I think.