13" or 15"? : Use with Logic Studio

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ADMProducer, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ADMProducer macrumors regular

So guys, I was really disheartened by the update to the 13" because this was the model I had intended to get a few months ago. Now i'm starting to lean towards the 15" because of the processor (mainly).

I'm looking to use it when I go to study Law next year so the 13" would be great for portability and I already have decided whichever laptop I get I will also get an external display because with Logic i'd like the mixer open in the smaller screen and the arrange window in the large screen.

The real question is, which one to go for 15" or 13"? Which one will be the best for using Logic Studio 9.

Thanks in advance.

2. Arie macrumors member

For using Logic, I would advise a high-res 15". The more you can fit on your screen the better, even when using a second monitor attached as well.

3. mesq macrumors member

I was in the same position and I chose the base model 15" i5. I really think i will end up wanting the extra grunt. Also i want to use spectrasonics plugins and not worry about maxing out with only one instance. I think i am happy although i won't have money to buy some other things i wanted at least i won't regret buying something which we all must admit is slightly superceded technology.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You are really asking two different questions. The 13" is best for school. The 15" w/ Hi-Rez best for logic.

Especially in 1L classes desk space comes at a premium. You'll need space for your laptop and your open book -- or books in some classes. A 15" takes up more space and law books aren't exactly compact.

You need to figure out your #1 priority use. Then it's an easy choice.